I saw this program about a year ago when I first started Joanouk; I was drawn to it but back then I made a lot of “if” statements. If I make my first sale I will do this… If I make it to Christmas I will do that.. This program was part of those “if” statements. If I make it to one year with consistent sales I will do this program.
Well I made it to March and it was my best sales month so far so what did I have to lose? I signed up and started 3 weeks ago. Being a new business I always had ideas about how I wanted things to go and what I wanted my life to be like if I could do it full time (another if statement!).
This program starts from scratch at the basics (how many hours I want to work Vs. How many I actually work) and while I’m only on week 3 I have my favourite lesson so far to do:
20 reasons why I started my business and won’t quit
I am going to list my reasons here so I am accountable and I can look back next year to see if my feelings are still the same.
- I don’t want to be restricted to normal working hours 9-5.
- I don’t want to answer to anyone but myself
- I don’t want to be involved in petty office politics – there are more important things in the world
- I want flexibility to create my own working hours
- I want time for future children and not rely on childcare
- I want time to create; draw, paint, photograph, explore
- I want to show the world what I can do
- I want to be involved in the art world and know whats going on
- I feel the passion in my heart when I think about my business
- I want to make money for my passion and not rely on a ‘stable job’
- I want to be able to say – “I am going on a day trip for inspiration”
- I want to connect with other business people
- I feel like I am improving myself and my character by having my own business
- I am consciously making decisions and not ‘sleepwalking’ through life
- I feel I am in control of my future
- I have come so far and yet have so much more to do
- I want to be proud of my business when asked (instead of saying “I work in admin” [Boring!])
- I want to inspire other people to do the same and help in return as I have been helped along my journey
- I want to be recognized
- I want to be proud of myself
I thought this would be easy but I got to point 7 and really had to think about the reasons why I started. I got to the end and it was an awesome feeling.
I would love for you to try this challenge yourself! Link below and I will check them out!